N4Cs is designated as a Member Agency of the United Way. That means that the Center receives funds from the agency’s Annual Fund Campaign. United Way also awards allocations to its Member Agencies for special programs. When you contribute to the United Way during the annual campaign, consider designating your donation specifically for N4Cs
Visit the United Way of Columbia and Montour County.
Community Giving Foundation
Community Giving Foundation is a regional philanthropic organization investing endowment funds, large and small, to benefit the communities and residents of Pennsylvania’s Central Susquehanna region.
Visit now: http://csgiving.org
Benton Area School District
N4Cs and BASD strive to cooperate and partner on programming and community services designed to meet the needs of our future generations.
Columbia County Traveling Library
Bloomsburg Rotary Club
We have partnered with the Bloomsburg Rotary Club to provide books to local students as a part of their yearly Literacy Project.
Benton Senior Center at N4Cs: In collaboration with Columbia/Montour Aging Office, The Center offers hours for a “Senior Room” Monday – Friday 8:30am-2pm.
The social room where seniors meet offers a variety of planned programming, as well as, recreational free time to socialize and eat. The attached kitchen allows for the perfect place for seniors to gather for meals as well.
Benton Food Bank at N4Cs: 9:00 – 11:00 am on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
The N4Cs proudly serves about 100 families each month; our food bank is thriving and we’re happy to be able to give back to the community! If you or someone you know feels they’re eligible to receive food from the food bank, please call (570) 925-0163 and ask for Peg, or (570) 925-6416
Want to donate? Here are some guidelines to consider:
- Food being donated cannot be expired, even if it’s close to the expiration date. Legally, we can’t give out food that is expired.
- Food that has been opened and used, like spices, can’t be donated and given out. While the thought of not wasting food is considerate, it’s a cross contamination hazard.
- Items can be donated, like paper products, hygiene products, light bulbs, and pet food; not everything has to be a canned food!
- Items that are organic and have sooner expiration dates should be dropped off directly to the N4Cs to ensure it gets here and can be given out before it expires.
- Drop off locations include the N4Cs and the First Columbia Bank and Trust Benton branch.
- Out of the box ideas: Cake, cookie, and brownie mix, icing, soup, condiments, toilet paper, shampoo, soap, napkins, paper plates, juice, and snack foods.
If your organization would like to post information to our Community News page please submit a PDF document to email@example.com. We will do our best to post your event in a timely manner. To help us spread your message, please submit your event information at least 4 weeks prior to the event date(s).