- Children 12 years and under may not use the fitness room.
- Food and beverages may be consumed only in specified areas.
- Time restrictions may be placed on any Center equipment if it is deemed necessary by staff.
- Shirts and shoes are required in the Center, except in locker room; only athletic shoes with non-marking soles are permitted in the gymnasium, aerobics dance room, and fitness room. Exceptions may be made for non-athletic events.
- Members may sign books out of the library; Non-members may use the Library on a daily pass, but are not allowed to sign books out.
- Members or day pass holders must check out gaming equipment at the reception desk and return the equipment when they are finished using those items.
- New Members become active upon filling out and returning the proper membership forms. Those forms will be made available upon setting up payment for your membership. Memberships maybe paid for by cash, check, credit card, or monthly account debits for yearly memberships only.
- Members must scan their membership key tag at the reception desk.
- Non-members must pay for a daily pass, unless they are Non-member Program/Class/Renter participants. Daily passes allow Non-members the use of the Fitness Room, Library/Museum, Game Room, Locker Facilities, and Open Gyms.
- Non-Member Program/Class/Renter participants must sign-in on the attendance sheet for that program, class or rental at the reception desk before attending that program, class or rental. This is to insure for the safety of all those using the Center facilities.
- Members may not loan their membership key tag to anyone. Doing so will result in loss of all membership privileges without refund. Lost key tags should be reported immediately and the replacement cost is $5.00.
- N4Cs operates with minimal staff and is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen private property.
- N4Cs and its members shall not discriminate against any individual(s) for reasons of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, sex, age, handicap, or veteran status. However anyone that has been convicted of a violent, sexual, or drug trafficking crime is not permitted on N4Cs property. N4Cs will not be held liable for programs, activities and facilities. These are made available and utilized on the basis of use at your own risk.
- N4Cs operates with minimal staff and cannot be responsible for your children’s conduct while they are at the Center or traveling to and from the Center.
- Intentionally giving incorrect information to the staff, volunteers, or other participants.
- Use of profane or vulgar language or gestures toward others.
- Theft of N4Cs property or private property of others.
- Unauthorized throwing of any object.
- Use of tobacco products on Center property not designated as a smoking area.
- Setting or use of fires with matches or lighters.
- Possession and/or use of any weapon, including any object that can reasonably be considered dangerous.
- Contributing to, encouraging, or engaging in disruptive behavior, including fighting, excess noise, intimidation, and defacing and/or damaging property.
- Refusal to verify identity when requested by N4Cs staff or volunteers.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with others.
- Intentional disobedience, disrespect, and/or insubordination toward staff or volunteers.
- Entering an area that has been restricted.
- No refunds will be given without a sales receipt or other proof of purchase.
- Membership fees are NOT refundable.
- The Center Director may grant exceptions for extraordinary hardship cases.
- N4Cs reserves the right to cancel any class that does not make minimum enrollment.
- Payment for classes canceled by N4Cs will be refunded in full by either check or credit statement (customer’s option).
- If a participant drops a class prior to its start, N4Cs will retain a 25% service fee for administrative and processing costs.
- The balance will be refunded by either check or credit statement.
- After a class has met once, there will be no refunds or credits issued except in a medical emergency.
- In the case of a medical emergency, a check or credit will be issued for the remaining balance of the class fee.
- A doctor’s note must be presented in order to receive a refund or credit.
- Credit statements may only be used for class fees and may not be redeemed for cash or check.
The Northern Columbia Community and Cultural Center (N4Cs) is concerned with the safety and wellbeing of its members and participants. It is contrary to the mission of N4Cs for a member, guest or program participant to be a sex offender. Therefore, membership, access to N4Cs’ facilities and/or participation in N4Cs’ programming may be prohibited by the Executive Director to anyone convicted of a criminal sex offense or anyone who is listed on the Sex and Violent Offender Registry (the “Registry”).
New members will be scanned on state and national registries upon application for membership. Convicted sex offender databases will be scanned periodically. If in this process it is discovered that a current member, guest or participant appears on the state or national registry or has been convicted of a criminal sex offense, that individual’s membership, access to facilities and/or program participation may promptly be terminated in writing and a pro-rata percentage of any prepaid membership and/or program fees returned. Notice of termination will advise the individual of the individual’s right to have the Executive Director’s decision reviewed by N4Cs’ Board of Directors. Family members will remain welcome to participate in N4Cs’ programs; however, prohibited individuals are not authorized to come onto N4Cs’ property or attend N4C events without prior written permission from the Executive Director.
An individual aggrieved by a decision of the Executor Director may make written request to N4Cs’ Board of Directors for review of that decision. The written request must be submitted to the President of the Board of Directors within thirty (30) days of the date of the Executive Director’s written notice of termination. The request for review must specify the reasons why the aggrieved individual considers the decision of the Executive Director to be erroneous. The decision of N4Cs’ Board of Directors will be final.
Adopted September 8, 2014