Upcoming: Prom Dress Swap and Shop
Join us for a first time event! Bring your prom dresses to sell and swap with other students! This event is for prom dress/homecoming dresses only.
Eight Days of Hope
A volunteer group from all across the country came to clean up Benton after the flood ripped through in August of 2019. For the three weeks they were here, they gathered at N4Cs for lunches severed by different volunteer groups in the Bloomsburg-Benton area. We are SO grateful for all their hard work!
Benton Senior Center at N4C’s: In collaboration with Columbia/Montour Aging Office, The Center offers hours for a “Senior Room” Monday – Friday 8:30am-2pm.
The social room where seniors meet offers a variety of planned programming, as well as, recreational free time to socialize and eat. The attached kitchen allows for the perfect place for seniors to gather for meals as well.
The seniors are raffling off a lottery board valued at $100. Tickets are $5 each and benefit their Benton Boomers trip to Barbados. Buy your tickets at our front desk or from the seniors. The drawing will be on March 29th.
On March 29th the senior will host a fish dinner benefit from 10a-2p. The meal will be $7 and include a fish fillet, mac and cheese, vegetables, drinks, and more! Tickets are sold at the door.
Benton Food Bank at N4C’s: 9:00 – 11:00 am on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
The N4Cs proudly serves about 100 families each month; our food bank is thriving and we’re happy to be able to give back to the community! If you or someone you know feels they’re eligible to receive food from the food bank, please call (570) 925-0163 and ask for Peg, or (570) 925-6416
Want to donate? Here are some guidelines to consider:
- Food being donated cannot be expired, even if it’s close to the expiration date. Legally, we can’t give out food that is expired.
- Food that has been opened and used, like spices, can’t be donated and given out. While the thought of not wasting food is considerate, it’s a cross contamination hazard.
- Items can be donated, like paper products, hygiene products, light bulbs, and pet food; not everything has to be a canned food!
- Items that are organic and have sooner expiration dates should be dropped off directly to the N4Cs to ensure it gets here and can be given out before it expires.
- Drop off locations include the N4Cs and the First Columbia Bank and Trust Benton branch.
- Out of the box ideas: Cake, cookie, and brownie mix, icing, soup, condiments, toilet paper, shampoo, soap, napkins, paper plates, juice, and snack foods.
If your organization would like to post information to our Community News page please submit a PDF document to email@example.com. We will do our best to post your event in a timely manner. To help us spread your message, please submit your event information at least 4 weeks prior to the event date(s).
There are no community announcements at this time.